Sunday, August 8, 2010

Life Unravels Fast!

So the last time I blogged I was venting about cell phones and cars.  Little did I know from that time, that in a few short days I would be purchasing a 2005 Acura TL.  I have to say that I love this car!  I am not totally thrilled about some of the maintence that needs to be done (alignment and rotation of the tires), but when it comes down to a car that fits our family, and that Jayson and I agreed upon, I couldn't be happier! 

Also, since the last time I blogged, Jayson turned 28 years old, and Kayson turned 6 months old and has been trying to figure out how to crawl ever since.  I am looking forward to the day he does crawl, but at the same time I would prefer he puts it off because I want him to stay my baby forever and the day he starts to crawl will be the one day that will put him closer to independence!

Jayson and I have been helping my mom this last week to get her place painted for when she and my dad move out here, to Utah, in the next couple of weeks.  It has been an absolutely huge project, but a lot of fun because we get to spend time together as a family.  Plus, this move means we get an extra set of hands to help with Kayson which will be nice since he loves his Nana and Papa.

I pretty much have my classroom ready to go for this up coming school year, I just need to add the finishing touches; and can say that I am really grateful for the team of teachers that I will be working with this school year.  I am finally with a group of teachers who have the same teaching practices as me and like to be prepared before we jump out the gate for this upcoming school year, which is awesome!  I have to admit that the butterflies are beginning earlier than they did last year and that I am beginning to have teaching dreams again!  As much fun as it is to teach, doing it in your sleep and then doing it the next day is exhausting so I am hoping that these dreams will subside once this school year gets underway.

It is amazing to see how fast this year has gone by.  Here is it August, and since the beginning of the year we have celebrated family member's birthdays, increased our family size, graduated Jayson with his AS degree, I have gotten a job at a new school, taken Kayson on vacation, have lived through 2 new teeth and ear infections with the baby, celebrated Jayson's birthday and now Jayson and my 2nd wedding anniversary is coming up!  I can't believe that it has been two years since we got married and will be 6 years that we have known and loved each other, CRAZY!

I will blog as more happens!

No comments: