Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Long Time Coming!

Gee wiz! I had no idea how long it has been since we started a blog, let alone that we had one! Hahaha, I totally forgot everything associated with it! Well a lot has transpired since we blogged last and here is the update!

I graduated from UVU's education program in 2009, taught Kindergarten at Eagle Valley Elementary School in 2009-2010, and am getting ready to teach Kindergarten again this year at Mount Mahogany Elementary for this upcoming school year! I am really hoping that this school will become my new permanent home and that I won't have to be out looking again next year.

Jayson got his Associates Degree in Automotive Technology this year! YEah! Received the Student of the Year and Top Student Awards from the College of Automotive at UVU, and now is chasing after his Bachelors in Technology Management. He is so much more motivated now that he sees the end in sight!

We have had many adventures in the last year (2009-2010)! Last summer we vacationed with my family in Disney World (yes I returned to my roots) and found out right before we went that I was expecting, who would have thunk?! Like I said, I taught my first year in Eagle Mountain, hosted Christmas at my house (my parents came to us since my husband couldn't leave because of work and I couldn't travel), and in February we welcomed our wonderful little boy, Kayson, to our family. Ever since then life has been really fast pace! We just returned from an awesome vacation in Kansas City and Branson, Missouri, and are currently debating moving from our PG home to another location in Utah Valley. Jayson is working full time at Autozone and I get to be the stay at home Mommy until the middle of August when I return back to teaching! I have to admit that I am really looking forward to a school year in which I am not puking my guts out and catching every single cold, bacteria, and virus that walks into the classroom! Hopefully, the Swine Flu will leave our family alone this year since last year it put both Jayson and I out of commission for over two weeks and canceled our trip to California last fall.

I will do my best to keep things updated on this thing and will try to link it to Facebook so our friends can look at it and keep in touch!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Yay!! So glad to see you finally updated!! Welcome back to the blogging world.